Hero Arts Paper Basic line of cards come in a variety of colors that we have hand picked to coordinate with our inks. The fun part about these cards is that they have white interiors. Consider the white as your blank palette just waiting for your creation to happen.
There are many ways to decorate your card interiors. Pulling inspiration from your card front is a great way to continue your color, themes and occasion on to the inside.
Let's get started on some simple stamping ideas.
It's Your Birthday
Try making a peek through card. Design the front of your card around a punched circle. This card is made from the Clear Design set CL139 Birthday Messages.
- Punch a circle on the front of a pink card.
- Stamp a tiny cake onto the card and also on a white card stock scrap with black ink. Cut out and affix it to the card.
- Add piece of ribbon tied in a knot.
- Stamp Happy Birthday below the ribbon.
- Add gemstones and a flower.
- Stamp the inside of the card with an image that fits within the punched circle so that it can be seen when the card is closed.
- Place the message on the acrylic block to form a half circle, stamp with black ink.
- Stamp the it's your birthday message on scrap paper, color the edge, cut out and affix to the card with foam tape.
- Add gemstones to finish.
Design the front of your card as desired. In this case I used the Clear Design set CL151 Share Laughter. This card is an example of bringing elements from the front on into the inside.
- Use chalk inks to stamp the images onto white card stock. Cut out the images.
- Stamp the butterfly onto the blue flower and again onto scrap white card stock. Cut out the butterfly from the scrap paper, color with pencils and affix to the flower.
- Stamp "Friends with black ink onto a Wisteria card in a desirable position
- Affix the cut images to the card using foam tape for the flower.
- Add gemstones and sparkle flowers.
- Stamp the leaf with the same ink green color as the front.
- Stamp a message with black Memories ink over the leaf image.
- Stamp a small flower with blue ink, cut out and adhere to the leaf.
Use your stamps on the inside of your card by creating a border that can also be seen when the card is closed.
- Cut a 1" strip from the right edge of the front of an Okra card.
- Cut a strip of brown card stock and adhere it to the front of the card.
- Stamp a Solida Flower Flourish onto a white panel with dark brown chalk ink.
- Adhere flowers and buttons with string attached.
- Punch circles and affix to the center of the paper flowers.
- Add pearls.
- Stamp the flower border with dark brown chalk ink vertically on the right edge of the inside of the card.
- Color the flowers with pencils.
- Add pearls to the centers of the larger stamped flowers.
- Stamp the greeting with dark brown chalk ink.
Enjoy designing your cards from the outside in and always remember to add your own personal touch to make them masterful!