|Video: Postitive and Negative Die Cuts
By Guest Artist
Stephanie Klauck shares how to use both the positive and negative images from your digital die cuts, to create two cards.
Watch Stephanies's video below for a complete how-to. (Click the fullscreen button in the lower right to see it larger.)
Here's a recap of the instructions for both cards:
Happy Holidays (Positive Image)
- Cut out the 'Happy Holidays' sentiment in the center of a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock.
- Set the negative piece aside and heat emboss the positive image words with silver embossing powder.
- Adhere the 'Happy Holidays' to a piece of Shallows layering paper and adhere diagonally on a white card front.
- Stamp snowflakes around sentiment with soft pool and wet cement inks.
- Add a thin strip of tide layering paper on each side of the shallows paper and then add a strip of white cardstock covered in bubble gum shadow ink.
- Add gems to the centers of three of the stamped snowflakes.
- Complete the card by adding shine to the snowflakes using a Wink of Stella glitter pen and rounding corners.
Happy Holidays (Negative Image)
- Cut the negative image cardstock piece (from the card above) down to 5 1/8" x 3 3/8" and adhere to a slightly smaller piece of pink glitter paper.
- Stamp snowflakes around sentiment with soft pool and wet cement shadow inks.
- Adhere 'Happy Holidays' piece to slightly larger piece of tide layering paper.
- Add gems to three snowflakes
- Complete the card by adding shine to the snowflakes using a Wink of Stella glitter pen.